Thursday, December 4, 2014

Shokran!

He asked "are you Persian?"
I was pleasantly surprised! He was at a booth at the Medical Device exhibition I was visiting.  It was earlier in the day and the booths were clean with some chatty booth managers.  He was displaying in his booth what got me intrigued so I paused on my walk and he invited me over.  Then he asked if I were Persian and I affirmed.  I asked how he could guess and he replied "I'm wordly". We talked about their products and how they have projects in Singapore and China and Middle East.  I thought he must have been to enough places and seen many different people and talked to a variety of nationalities to be able to tell I was from Middle East and moreover right from Iran.  When I was to depart he saw me off by "shokran!". There was the worldly man! Thanking a Persian in Arabic!  I walked away correcting him in passing: "merci! Sepaas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.