Thursday, December 18, 2014

Neglected Kids

I vowed to not use my smart phone for surfing while in accompany of my kids!
Now, M joon, this doesn't mean I won't use it at all!  It means I won't surf the web or check FaceBook or check non urgent emails.
I am thankful to the parents who made the decision firm for me.
Yesterday I saw a mom walking in the sidewalk with her son.  The son, may be 3 years young, was walking on the grassed patch, throwing his arms in the air, smiling. The mom was walking a few feet behind, on the sidewalk, her head in her cellphone.
I saw a dad this morning in the airport, sitting by the wall.  His toddler in front of him on the floor on all fours. The dad was holding on to the back of the son's shirt, harnessing his movement with one hand and holding his cellphone with his other hand. After a few second he started saying something in Spanish, something unpleasant may be, asking the son to stay still perhaps.
am grateful to these parents.  I thank them for showing me how it must look being on your smart phone while the kids are around, especially when you are not at work duty.
When we walk to park I have my cellphone under the stroller. Unless I'm on the phone with my earbuds in, I won't use my cellphone when in their company.  When I get home I put my cell on the kitchen island and leave it be for a few hours unless I get a phone call.
On a side note, I miss my kids already.  I am headed to Seattle for a meeting and will be back tonight.  Grateful that it is an in and out flight.  I kissed A goodbye before I left home but m is too sensitive to movement and sound so I didn't bother her.  Just blew her a kiss from the door.
Counting the minutes to go back home tonight. Home. Enshala.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.