Sunday, December 7, 2014

Baby Girl and Lion

It is novel to see the picture of a lion on a baby girl's socks.


I have clear images of some of my girlhood cloths.  One was a yellow shirt with the shape of a girl whose face was hidden under her hat over a bent head and her hair, blond woven hair made of wool cloth, was a separate piece I could touch and wrap around my finger.

I remember a machine woven dirty-pink shirt with the shape of a dark pink cat on it.  I was around 6 or 7 years young and I liked that cat.

I grew up in a family were the harsh distinctions between boys and girls were absent.  So the notion of cat for girls and trains for boys was a bit foreign to me when strolling some baby shops in Notth America.

I try to remain exclusive about colors and patterns for my kids especially in their clothing with the hope that they will think broad and above societal rigid "norms".

Happy I was when I spot a lion shape on a girly pair of socks for my little angel.  The lion, the male lion, is complete with a bow and the scalloped socks are feminine yet novel and inclusive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.