Friday, December 26, 2014

Holidays Delayed Dreaming

It is impossible for holidays to delay. Yet the joy and cheers lag when you fall sick in bed.  I feel awful not because my body is weak and sick but because I can't celebrate the joys of the time with family and friends :(. I have to cancel a dinner party I was going to host tomorrow night.  But it's alright. Hopefully another time.
I wish we could take a road trip.  May be down to LA and visit M's uncle. Just relax a couple days. May be meet friends in Irvine one day and head back.  Wish we could go to San Diego and meet up with dear ones there but that's too far fetch a plan.
I wish we could go to watch a movie. Now this is when you wish your kids were closer in age. I'm reading interesting reviews of Wild and Into the Woods. Wish to watch them both.  I wonder if it is an American tradition to go to the movies on Christmas Day because yesterday the only open businesses in town were the movie theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.