Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dreams and Goals

The two guys on either side of me must be in their late thirties.  The guy by the window talked to me a few words; excuse me and pardon me and thanks kind of word. I hardly glanced at the guy by my right sitting by the isle.  I can see from the corner of my eyes that he is asleep with his mouth open he he.
And I'm sitting in the middle seat. Yes after a long long while I'm seated in the middle seat because I bought the tickets of this popular route just a week ago. At least I have an economy plus seat and non-smelly guys on each side.  Then I realized that I'm not a young lady in between two giants.  We might all be very well of similar age!  Working professionals. Children of older parents but not too old; The guy on my left was talking to his dad just before departure.  I don't see any ring on either of them which sometimes implies no true meaning.
We are flying into a storm.  Seatbelt lights are still on after almost 50 minutes into our route.  I'm listening to my music to not think about the turbulence.  I turned the volume higher when the shakes became more fierce.  It's "my brown eyed girl" song now, Van Morrison.  I even like older songs sometimes!  I am not young anymore.  I'm not old yet.
My friend who is six months older than me counseled me once to follow a dream "while you are still young"!  While still young.  May be I am young.  But not really young.  I know I'm not really young because I have grown conscious.  Not as optimistic anymore.
I don't feel real young now because I have dreams. Dreams are not goals.  Up until now I had goals only.  Now I have some goals but some dreams too.
I dream to publish a book one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.