Thursday, December 24, 2015

Should I Say or Should I Not

Decided to dare and call a hair salon in Tahoe where we are staying right now and request for an appointment for a new hair color style. They said not possible but then called again and here I am. They are very kind, offered me tea as I stepped in covered in snow.  Now here I sit with my hair smeared in die.
The hairstylist, Kelly, and I were chit chatting earlier when she noted that her kids' father was from Mexico and that she chose a language immersion school for her kids rather than the alternatives with math focus or art focus. She was to make sure her kids remembered where they were from. She noted "culture" was what was important to be taught.  She followed by boasting that her second grader was fluent in Spanish now. "How lovely" I exclaimed. I wanted to say my kids were bi lingual too and immersed in two cultures but I bit my tongue. I felt unprepared for any remark that would come after. But she is kind. And she may be pleased to meet an Iranian-Canadian.  Should I tell her or should I not?

...
So I did. And she was still sweet and lovely. She said they had a couple Iranian friends who were teaching them the culture. Humans are beautiful. And so is my new hair :)
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.