Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pumas in Rain

Got back to my hotel room soaking wet.
It was a warm cloudy evening. My manager and I had planned to meet in the lobby at 7pm and decide about dinner. I had about four hours till then. I called home, then took a short nap, worked on a couple reports and finally left the hotel around 5:30 to buy a new pair of light compact neutral sneakers for business trips. I first selected a pair of socks and then tried a few sneakers. Was hoping to buy Reebocks. They were my favorites in high school but there was only one pair available and I not appealing to my liking. At last picked my first pair of Pumas. Light, compact, neutral color. Got back in time to leave them in my room and meet my boss in the lobby just two minutes before 7. He was always always before time. In his very polite manner he "suggested" "shall we try hotel restaurant?" I agreed with a smile relieved from duty of yelping a good dinner place close by. After dinner which was heirloom tomato saad with salmon I declared that I needed to go for a walk. He declined so we said good nights and I headed to the parking lot. Four wide rows of parking. I headed toward the main road but when I heard footsteps behind me I immediately changed my mind and decided to stay within the hotel area, walking between the parking rows for 30 minutes. At 28th minute it started raining dampening my face and arms with pleasantly warm drops. What a fresh sense for a water deprived Californian!  Got my Pumas inside before they got soaking wet.



I think I have a decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.