Thursday, July 9, 2015

Night

Here is the night that is better than a thousand nights. The night that the Angels decend from the heavens and hear our every whisper of longing and desires and prayers. Here is the night that we are forgiven and provided a fresh opportunity to build our selves and our being.
Here is the night and I'm traveling the skies, literary, heading to yet another conference for work. I read the prayers for the night first, all by myself, from a book a friend had gifted me 15 years ago, written in Arabic with Persian translation. The ladies beside me never asked what it was I was reading. Then I wrote in my notebook and summed my prayers even though I knew God knew them all. Then took out my new Leadership Challenge book. Read a couple chapters, highlighted several lines, and jot down a few thoughts. Finally, I took out the Greek Salad I had taken on board with me and ate it while reading my book, the Wild, on my iPhone. The worlds of each of these books enormously apart and infinitely close.
Here comes the midnight. The dawn of a new day. The hopes of a new beginning. And the deep deep desire of being united with my loved ones. Far but close.
Yaa Noor

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.