Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Curious Case of A Friendship

Once upon a time there was a friendship that ended unexpectedly, abruptly, unfairly. I told the story of the last rendezvous that never happened to another friend recently. She concluded immediately that it was a one way relationship, that I was the one holding on, that I was the only party keeping the candle of our friendship light.
Now in this sunny day in Indiana driving among the flat terrains and farmlands, I'm pondering on my relationships, of my friends near and far. Of those who are always there for me; and wondering if there is one that I'm the only one who is holding on. The one committed, always there. That I have been pulling along single handedly... Wondering that if I stopped pulling then would we find the connection nonexisting?
Indeed. No single relationship is perfect. Not all friendships are real. And indeed, it would be a shame to make a mistake twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.