Thursday, October 1, 2015

An Orphan with Parents

"It is a strange feeling. As if your tie to the world is suddenly broken. I feel like an orphan." Said the director a few hours ago when we talked. We haven't talked since. We each worked some and tried to take a nap some and seemingly haven't been able to.
Ironically, as I'm reading the last chapters of my book, the wild, I'm warned of how it feels to lose a parent.  It is the author's passed mom's birthday; she is hiking the Pacific Coast Trail in Oregon now and reminded of her mom's death at forty five so vividly she wails in the wild.
Suddenly I miss my parents profoundly. I talked to my mom a couple days ago and my dad a week ago. Ah. I want them close by. I want to see them. I want to argue with them. I want to watch their face as they talk or eat or drink tea or sleep. I miss my Maman and baba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.