Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Arab Literature

A post by a friend of an FB friend inspired me yesterday to purchase a Japanese literature book. And to read this short story, by Samira Azzam, a Palestinian Christian Arab writer of the 20th century who published her first book in the year my father was born.
The short story is called:
Bread of Sacrifice
I found this quote something to ponder on, for those who defend in war and not who invade, of course:
"War was not simply an enemy to kill voraciously. Rather, it was the assertion of the life of the land he loved and the woman he loved."
Now the author is passed, the baby who was born on the year she was published, in diaspora, is a grandfather of four. And the war still continues.
And who am I kidding. It will continue. This is the reality of time and history.
Let there be love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.