Thursday, October 1, 2015

Definition

Here I am. A brave one :)
The guy beside me is an American director, living in London, making a movie in Russia. We don't know each other's names but I know he lives in London and divorced after 23 years of marriage when his wife left him with his best friend. Ironically this story immediately reminded me of the song Layla.
Layla.
Laila.
Leyla. 
Leila.
The spelling all the same name to me. The last one the least exotic.
Inquiring about my options to get to conference he encouraged me to take the Tube from Heahrow to ExCel "being brave as I'm sure you are".
Brave.
I never described myself as brave before.
Yet I believe brave I am.
I left my nest when I was only 21 and flew far far away across the Atlantic ocean.
I spoke with total strangers in a language that was not mine.
I leaned new science where I had no way to know before.
I dared to move to Marketing when I hardly knew how to analyze VoC.
I am leading a business unit of a Japanese company in the U.S.
I am promised a promotion. Even though I was ecstatic with the idea of it I couldn't sleep well for a few nights until I cried at last confessing my fear of the job to my M. He is my strength.
I am headed to a conference I know nobody at.
I feel brave!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.