Friday, February 13, 2015

Balancing Working Mom's Dilemmas

It is not because she needs me anymore.  It is because I need her.
I leave the house with a heavy heart every morning.  Not because my baby girl is tiny and helpless and needs her mommy to protect her and make her feel good about this world.  I drag my heavy heart into the car as I leave the home because I need her, her beaming smiles, her voice and broken words, her soft hands caressing my face.  I need to take advantage of this affection while there is.  I want to be with her.  It is about me.  Not solely about her.
Then I come to work and I find myself immersed in the job forgetting about my heart for a while.
Here is the secret to happiness: As long as I can do the same at home, to immerse in my family and forget about all the job-related matters, I think I can strike the balance.  Increasing the quality of presence rather than quantity.  That, I believe, is the key to a balanced life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.