Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Treasure of the Moment

I came home early today to be with my son.  He fell sick and was sent home from school.  He is laying on the couch in a cot I've made him, watching TV.
My daughter is roaming around. Looking for the next opportunity to fall in another baby mischief entertaining me constantly.
My body is sat on the patio chair, wrapped in a jacket, sipping cinnamon tea from a Japanese mug I brought from Japan the first time I went there.
My mind however, is focused only on one thing. The treasure of the moment.
I was hanging to every word my dad was saying as I talked to him this morning knowing all the while that my dear friend is preparing for his father's funeral.  My heart ached when I called my mom last night and found her voice coarse from flu. She said her friend made her soup and I felt my heart tightening in my chest.  Why am I not there to nurse her?
Then I think again of the friend who is preparing to celebrate his father's life after his passing.
Our daffodils have bloomed.  We talked to a dear friend about our daffodils last year.  I don't see her anymore due to change of work place.  I sent her a picture of the flowers. "Thought of you".
Treasuring the life!...





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.