Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Chicago

Downtown Chicago. My hair smells like smog. I'm in a crappy Hampton too. I think this is my last time at a Hampton. Or Embassy for that matter. I might switch to SPG.
Found a sandwich shop just five minutes walking distance from the hotel. A shop with a character! Antique wall decor, a bookshelf with ancient books, and tasty well priced sandwiches.


These are my last business trips for a while.
I know I'm not a mommy type. A lady staying home and caring about everything in every hour of every child's life. Yet God is blessing us with one more.
I like my job. It's on the track and it will eventually move up where it should. I feel it. And I am doing it.
A leave of absence.
The job won't wait.
The baby will grow, on breast or bottle.
My heart will break every time the airplane takes off away from my family.
Money will go low. We need to ration and prioritize.
I feel a couple years won't shatter a 30 year career after all. I feel there is a place for me. I will come back enshala.
For now, enjoying carrying the baby inside me while doing business in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.