Friday, April 22, 2016

Surrender

Suddenly, with no prior warning, I found a cocoon being woven around me.  I was living my life, walking my walks.  And suddenly I felt these strings around my fingers and toes and arms and legs and neck and face.  The realization of being tethered! The pull from the strings!  Oh the feeling of suffocation!
I struggled to untangle myself to lame results.  There I was.  Inside a tight and unforgiving cocoon built around my whole life.  Unexpected.  Unwanted.
So I suffered.  And I wallowed on sorrow.
Then, with God's Grace, I suddenly calmed down.  I suddenly stayed.  Still. I tried to realize the cocoon.  The limits.  The shape and feel of the material encapsulating me.  Then I waited.  And waited.  Until I felt a smile on my lips.
Here I am now.  In this tight cocoon imprisoning me.  I am dreaming of the days I will be free again.  A day I can walk again and talk again and feel the rain again on my skin.
When that day comes, I will live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.