Friday, May 22, 2015

Love Song Writer

I wonder how you dress up every day; I wonder what you read; I ponder on your taste in songs.
I imagine you a man, in mid 40s perhaps.  A man who has lived, perhaps experienced diaspora.  A man who has loved.  A man who has mended a broken heart a few too many times.  A man who smokes or used to smoke and enjoys his tea black.  A man whose eau de toilette's fragrance lingers in the room after he leaved.  Who checks you out in a party, then finds you in the crowd to tell you bluntly how much he adored the coordination of the color of the flowers on your scarf and the color of your lips.
I wonder if you too find inspiration in cloudy days.
I wonder whom you write to about love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.