Saturday, November 11, 2017

The Problem - Part 4

Then something happened. The line of communication seemed to be broken and defective.  I would send an email and never receive a response.  Sometime I did but the response was in Japanese and cc-ed other people.  Sometimes the response was only sent to others and not directly to me or anyone in my office except for the one Japanese member.
When communications failed more than before I paused and observed to discover a newly introduced issue: office politics.
We were small and nimble.  Now we had grown a few folds and some newer members from different functions were added. There were hardly any job description associated with the roles.
When territories fade to exist, people tend to make their own marks.  And not always in a harmonious or productive way.
The result, detachment and stagnation despite several churning that was in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.