Saturday, November 11, 2017

Signature Strengths Undermined

According the StrengthFinder, my signature strengths are:

Strategic
Activator
Communication
Positivity
Competition

I care about these strengths.  I believe that when one is exercising their strengths, they feel more content and in harmony with their true self, leaving breathers for more inner growth by providing a self knowledge.

All these strengths were at work since I joined this new position.
Strategic business planning in all aspects of the enterprise and execution
Project management and driving my team to annually determined goals and constantly evaluated progress
Business Development and Customer Relationship Management
Remaining upbeat despite the cultural hurdles
Wanting to win over competition in innovation, in market traction, and in time to market

These all were true until recently.  Not anymore.

When I read the Business Insider article of signs of success, I felt I was on to something:
"research suggests that "the more often you use those skills, the more you're happier, you're respected, you feel good about your job." What's more, "if you're using those skills in your job, you're going to achieve more.""
http://www.businessinsider.com/signs-youre-more-successful-than-you-think-2017-11/#you-have-a-vision-for-the-kind-of-life-you-want-2


I feel deprived of exercising my strengths anymore.
I am a visionary.  I have a clear vision of my life an where I want to be.  Most importantly, I want my daily activities to allow me to fly, not to burden me down with heavy weights of political (read egoistic) calculations of the actions.  Time for a change!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.