Monday, March 23, 2015

Time to Get Simple Again

Life was two sets of school uniforms, a bunch of books and notebooks on the bookshelf, a drawer full of cassettes, and a few poetry books and post its of favorite verses.  That was my high school.  I used to be free.  Looking into the future.  Living every day.  Seeing every leaf.  Watching each step.  Remembering the Friend.
Everything had a place in my room.  I was a free girl, laughing, crying, marveling in each friend and every friendship, chatting openly with my mother and father.  I used to enjoy the simple pleasures.  I didn't try to please anyone yet I was confident most were pleased with me.
Time to get back to it.
I feel stressed and overwhelmed.  I feel too much pressure at work especially from people; the single thing that is 100% out of my hands.  I feel the MBA coursework that I have just started is breaking my back.  I feel behind on house chores.  I feel that the thoughts of people's opinion of me have cluttered my head, darkened my brain, burdened my heart.
It is time to get simple again.
I am going to, from this moment on, stop trying to please everyone, especially at work.
Work is my game now.  I am not here to stay, I am here to learn.
I am going to enjoy the simple pleasures.
And I am going to stand tall and believe in me; same way Molly Lou Melon's grandma advised her.

Image result for stand tall molly lou melon

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.