Sunday, March 14, 2010

Princess Midnight

Until two nights ago playing "head to toe" with A, when the card instructed to "name a friend" he named Amogh, his classmate who is a boy a few months younger than him. I was not very thrilled about this friendship for a few reasons. But since Friday he names Kayla as his friend. I am impressed for a few reasons and to name only one: it is a more challenging relationship for him with a talkative girl who is a few months older than him.

Today in the mall I was trying a few dresses. I liked one and I tried it again. A was with me in the fitting room attempting to angle the mirrors for me; not very helpful to me I must say as he did that based on his own point of view. Trying the dress I twirled in front of the mirror and my dress just rose a bit in my spin, a childish thrill. A immediately claimed: "Mommy! You are my princess!" Ah! My heart just melted hearing that from him, especially now despite Kayla! Well, joking aside I had read once that a dad is a girl's first hero/love and I agreed with it; I think now it is true about moms and sons as well. Wont last too long I know, but I am enjoying my new title as long as it lasts!

4 comments:

  1. I have a son and I have my doughter too. the kind of relationship that I have with my son is much more unique and deep than the one with my doughter although he is just 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks maman for your comment. I can imagine what you mean. How old your daughter is I wonder. And why don't you write if you really like it? Just do it, it will flow. And the way I sense it you have a lot to say about your three year old son and your daughter. I would enjoy reading your writings I think :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. my doughter is 5.5. I am kind of a new blogger so I have to admit I feel a bit scared to write in public, but everytime I write this feeling gets weeker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you maman! Way to go :) Let me know please when you decided to go public.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
An emigrant from an ancient civilization to North America, an engineer in marketing and management, a mom of working kind, who thinks when she talks, and who likes to write. I, L.B., own the copyright to the content.